Dear Parents & Students
Our goal at Dr Music Academy is to give the best possible instruction while making learning fun and enjoyable at the best practical price. With this in mind, it is necessary to spell out a few items concerning the business side of our teaching efforts to make this experience effective for the Students, Teachers and the Academy.
• Fees are due in full at the last lesson of each month for the upcoming month in order to reserve your time slot. All lesson fees are payable to Dr Music for one half hour lesson per week
Please write the first and last name of the student in the memo section if paying by check. We accept all types of payments (cash, checks and credit/debit cards – Amex, Visa, Discover, MasterCard). Arrangements could be made if you want to deduct monthly lesson fees automatically from your credit card. Please notify the lesson coordinator to set it up for you.
• There is a $5.00 per week late charge added to all fees not paid at the last lesson of the month.
• There is a registration fee for each new student due at the time of registration. This registration is only paid once. This fee is payable to Dr Music, and is non-refundable.
• There will be no reschedules for missed lessons. If for some reason you must miss your lesson you can give us a courtesy call to let your teacher know you are not coming. In order to maintain the highest quality of instruction staff, we must be able to offer our instructors a consistent income.
• If there is a no show/no call for the first 2 lessons of the month with no payment for that month, you will automatically be dropped from the teacher’s schedule.
• As a courtesy, students may take 4 “vacations” each year. Students can take 2 absences for the first six months of the year (between Jan and June) and 2 absences for the last six months of the year (between July and Dec). Students must notify the teacher when they are planning to take off a lesson and in turn the teacher will issue the student a “student absence” slip, which needs to be submitted when paying their monthly fees for that month. The absence slip allows us to deduct the price of one lesson from their fees. (Please include “vacation” date in the memo section if paying by check). Students can only use one “vacation” during any one-month period. If more than one lesson needs to be missed for the one month, the students must pay for the lesson(s) in order to maintain his/her timeslot.
• Most teachers at the academy have 2 weeks vacation per year. Most teachers do tour and need to travel from time to time. The teacher will notify the student/parent and will issue them a “teacher absence” slip, which needs to be submitted when paying monthly fees. The absence slip allows us to deduct the lesson(s) from the fee for that particular month.
• If at any time students wish to discontinue lessons, they may do so once their pre-paid lessons have been taken. The Academy does not offer any cash refunds for remaining lessons.
• 30-minute lessons allows for travel in and out of studio, instrument tear down, parent conferences, etc.
• The instructor retains the right to dismiss any student who does not demonstrate a desire or who losses the desire to be an excellent musical performer (We do not want to see anyone waste their money)